Bolero for Carriers and Logistics
Corporates are increasingly interested in electronic Bills of Lading and the carrier industry is being asked to support their adoption. From a Corporate's perspective, the bill of lading typically acts as one of the triggers for payment for the goods, therefore any delays in the presentation of the bill can create a knock-on impact on payment.
Paper bills of lading are notorious for getting lost or delayed, or arriving after the goods, especially over short shipping routes, and particularly so when the bill of lading needs to pass through multiple holders.
Creation and management of electronic Bills of Lading
- International P&I Club approved solution supported by a legal framework
- Simple process to start using eBL; setup over the phone in a matter of minutes
- eBLs significantly reduce the need and volume of letters of indemnity helping to reduce carrier risk and operational disruption
- Open technology allow for integration into your Document Preparation System or Service Provider
- Carrier fleet becomes more marketable. Exporters are now requiring support for electronic bills of lading before fixing a ship
Bolero for Carriers is simple to use, existing systems can be utilised to create the bill of lading in line with existing processes and then be converted into an electronic bill of lading. Taking this approach, a paper bill of lading is simply uploaded to Bolero where the system creates an electronic title registry record and issues this to the designated first holder.
Please see our Carrier Customers page to see which carriers have adopted the Bolero eBL solution